Yoga Asanas For Neck And Shoulder
The neck is a very important part of the body. If something goes wrong here – neck aches and pains, sciatica, and slipped disc – the rest of the body falls out of gear. Hence the importance of having a strong, healthy neck. By practising Yoga regularly you will be able to keep yourself fit and healthy, supple and flexible. There are specific exercises and asanas for different parts and systems of the body.
Likewise, there are those for the neck and shoulders. By combining these Yoga asanas, you will be able to relax your neck muscles.
- Neck exercises – twists, turns, rotations
- Sarvangasana – Shoulderstand
- Halasana – Plough Pose
- Bhujangasana – Cobra Pose
- Dhanurasana – Bow Pose
- Salabhasana – Locust Pose
- Sethu Bandhasana – Bridge Pose
- Matsyasana – Fish Pose
- Ushtrasana – Camel Pose
- Chakrasana – Wheel Pose
- Ardha Matsyendrasana – Lord of the fish pose
Benefits of Neck exercises and asanas
- They massage and tone up the area of the neck and shoulders.
- They even also massage your heart, thus making it a stronger, and pump more effectively.
- These asanas and exercises will improve your overall circulation and lower your chances of having a heart attack.
- They help relieve constipation, gas, indigestion and liver trouble.
- These asanas and exercises tone up your the nerves in your solar plexus region.
- They help burn abdominal fat and strengthen your abdominal muscles.
- They help correct the functioning of your adrenal glands and sex glands.
- Above all, they help develop spiritual force.
Remember, however, to exercise caution when doing these exercises and asanas. Like they say, too much of anything is not too good. Like always, it is better to seek the assistance of a trained and experienced Yoga teacher. Also, it would be wise to consult your medical practitioner in these respects, especially if you already have a neck condition.