Basic Yoga Positions For Kids
The ancient practice of Yoga still continues to remain popular all around the world, mainly because of the several benefits it can offer. Unfortunately, a lot of people believe that the practice of yoga is not appropriate for them, because the various asanas (poses) can appear to be a bit complicated.
However, if you approach yoga in the right manner, i.e., by practicing simple beginner yoga poses for a while, then you are a lot more...
...likely to be successful at it. Gradually, you can move on from the beginner yoga poses, to more advanced yoga poses. Some of the most common beginner yoga sequences include:
- Adho Mukha Svanasana (The Downward Dog Facing Pose)
- Akarna Dhanurasana (The Archer's Pose)
- Balasana (The Child's Pose)
- Bhekasana (The Frog Pose)
- Bhujangasana (The Cobra Pose)
- Marjariasana (The Cat and Cow Pose)
- Purna Titliasana (The Butterfly Pose)
- Savasana (The Corpse Pose)
- Setu Bandhasana (The Bridge Pose)
- Sukhasana (The Easy Pose)
- Tadasana (The Mountain Pose)
- Trikonasana (The Triangle Pose)
- Uttanasana (The Standing Forward Bending Pose)
- Virabhadrasana (The Warrior Pose)
The beginner yoga poses mentioned above are relatively safe, if they are practiced under the supervision of a Yoga guru or a teacher. However, if any of the yoga poses are practiced incorrectly, it could lead to some serious injuries.
Basic yoga poses kids
In today's world children are also put under a lot of stress and pressure and therefore, it is common to see them suffering from various ailments. Yoga is not just beneficial for adults, but can have an excellent effect on children too. Yoga exercises can help the child emotionally, as well as physically, as it is a great way of increasing strength, immunity and flexibility. There have been several instances of children showing better results in school, sports and other extracurricular activities, after taking up Yoga. Children who are overweight, underweight or short are also advised to practice certain yoga asanas regularly. However, some of the best yoga poses for kids include:
- Adho Mukha Svanasana (The Downward Facing Dog Pose)
- Bidalasana (The Cat Pose)
- Vrikshasana (The Tree Pose)
- Simhasana (The Lion Pose)
- Kakasana (The Crow Pose)
- Matsyasana (The Fish Pose)
Before practicing even the most basic beginner yoga poses, it is advisable to undergo a physical exam, to determine whether your body will be able to handle yoga, or not.
Looking for Beginners Yoga poses for kids? Yoga poses for kids have a variety of benefits for them. From stress management (believe it or not, children have to deal with stress, as well) to improved concentration to superior health, Yoga poses for kids help them in numerous ways. The point for Yoga for children is for them to enjoy.
If you practise Yoga, why not get your children involved too? You don't have to drag them along to a class for grown-ups. Most likely, there they will not be encouraged to continue practising.
Popularity of Yoga for kids is increasing, by the day. These techniques are designed for kids with energy, so be careful, yet pay attention. It will help your children start healthy habits for life.
For beginners Yoga poses for kids, start by telling them sit or lie down with their hands on their bellies. This way they will be able to feel their abdomens move. This exercise helps kids hook up to their breathing. Persuade the kids to suck the stomach in on every inhalation and drive it out on every exhalation. Then turn around the movements - so drive the stomach out on the inhalation and suck it in on the exhalation.
After that teach them the following poses:
- Tadasana - Mountain Pose
- Vrikshasana (1) - Tree Pose
- Trikonasana - Triangle Pose
- Uttanasana - Hand to Foot Pose
- Ardha Chandrasana - Half Moon Pose
- Halasana - Plough Pose
- Viparitakarani - Inverted Leg Stretch Pose
- Gomukhasana - Cow Face Pose
- Ushtrasana - Camel Pose
- Marichyasana - Sage Marichi Twist Pose.
- Naukasana - Boat Pose
- Matsyasana - Fish Pose
- Adho Mukha Svanasana - Downward Facing Dog Pose ;
- Bhujangasana - Cobra Pose
- Dhanurasana - Bow Pose
- Vrikshasana (2) - Balancing Tree Pose
If you're trying to find a great way to absorb the minds and bodies of your children, yoga is the ideal solution.
Beginners Yoga Poses For Kids