Bow Pose (Dhanurasana)
- Lie on your stomach, arms by sides.
- Slowly bring your forehead to rest on the floor.
- Bend your knees until the are almost touching your buttocks
- Now reach your arms back to grasp your ankles.
- Slowly raise your head and torso
- Simultaneously raise your legs up while arching your back
- Let your abdomen bear your bodyweight.
- Hold the position for as long as you can
- Slowly lower yourself until your forehead is resting on the floor.
- Release your grasp and lower feet to the floor.
- Lie flat with head turned to one side or on folded arms.
Here bow pose aka dhanurasana illustrated picture. This standing bow yoga pose has many yoga benefits. Bow pose stretches the front of the body, thighs, abdomen and chest, throat, and deep hip flexors.