Series of Yoga Exercises for Beginners
If you're just starting Yoga, you'd certainly wish to know as much as you can. In this article, you will familiarize yourself with some fundamental facts about Yoga. This will certainly form you a good base for your practices. Leave the gym gear and tackle alone. Yoga practice only calls for half an hour a day. In addition you might need a little, well-ventilated space. A Yoga Mat or blanket is optional add-ons...
...You may be astonished to hear that you can really do things you thought impossible. Yoga is a great way to relax. It can alleviate muscle and joint tension building without feeling any exhaustion or weakness. The Yoga practices are also said to retard the aging process. These easy stretching, twisting and contorting poses render internal peace and good health.
Here are a few things to bear in mind prior to starting Yoga practice:
- Respect the limits of your body.
- If you wish to make the most of Yoga practices, go easy on yourself.
- It is better to begin with a v instructor. Otherwise learn from a good Yoga book or videos.
- Check with your doctor before you begin practices, particularly if you have any health problems.
Yoga practice generally begins with slow and deep breathing. You also focus your mind, and center yourself. Don't forget your physical actions and breath should be synchronized till they become one. Your breath should also guide you as to when to begin or stop. Entering an asana, retaining it, and exiting it should be done constantly and unremittingly with grace.
The beginner's series of Yoga Exercises and poses are as follows:
- Neck Exercises
- Shoulder Lifts
- Eye Exercises
- Sun Salutation (Surya Namaskar)
- Double Leg Raises
- Headstand (Sirshasana)
- Shoulder Stand (Sarvangasana)
- Plough Pose (Halasana)
- Bridge Pose (Sethu Bandhasana)
- Bow Pose (Dhanurasana)
- Locust Pose (Salabhasana)
- Fish Pose (Matsyasana)
- Seated Forward Bend (Paschimotthanasana)
- Cobra Pose (Bhujangasana)
- Half Spinal Twist (Ardha Matsyendrasana)
- Crow Pose (Kakasana)
- Hands to Feet (Pada Hastasana)
- Triangle Pose (Trikonasana)
- Final Corpse (Shavasana)
Basic Yoga Positions For Kids & Beginners -
Knowledge of basic yoga positions is essential as it helps prepare our body take up yoga, help body joints retain their good health.