Jivamukti basically means “liberation while living” .Jivamukti form of yoga was founded in New York on the basis of the study of Ashtanga or the eight limbed yoga asana.
This form of yoga is now widely practiced on various yoga studios and gyms across the world.
Beat the Exam Blues with Yoga
Exams are a stressful time for both students and parents. What with cramming till the wee ...
When you teach yoga, you will enable students to increase their strength and flexibility ...
Guidelines for Kids Yoga
Yoga is great for adults... but we already know that! Did you know that you can also ...
Yoga Lesson Planning
Different schools of yoga teach different exercises and routines that are aimed at ...
A typical jivamukti yoga schedule is known to be strenuous and physically intense. A jivamukti yoga class will have a combination of chanting, medications, scripture and also various yoga poses. Jivamukti yoga is ideal for those individuals who are keen on getting a good workout as well as focus on their mental and emotional well being which is achieved through the yoga poses and the meditation in the Jivamukti yoga classes.
Some of the Jivamukti yoga benefits are:
- Good workout: the jivamukti yoga classes are known to provide the individual with a strenuous workout as it requires them to perform a series of yoga poses while concentrating on their breathing techniques and form at the same time.
- Tolerance and love for all living beings: Another one of the benefits of jivamukti yoga is that it promotes love for all living being including animals. It is also recommended that the individual gives up consumption of any type of meats and meat products and adopts a vegetarian diet.
- Social networking: Jivamukti yoga also tends to bring together individuals who are like minded as this form of yoga is practiced by those who care about the people around them as well as the world in which they live in.
- Jivamukti yoga is also known to improve blood circulation and thereby act as a natural treatment against high blood pressure.
- This form of yoga also benefits those who have respiratory problems as it allows the individual to concentrate ad put stress on their breathing process.
- Jivamukti yoga is also beneficial in improving overall muscle flexibility of the individual as well as in bringing about uniformity in the organs.
- Jivamukti yoga poses are also known to increase mental concentration resulting in higher IQ levels as well as act as a natural cure for various cardiovascular ailments.
Jivamukti Yoga poses
Typically those who are beginners with the Jivamukti yoga pose will be required to start this yoga pose with the Sun salutation or the Surya Namaskar which is made up of 12 poses that follow each other in a sequence. Thereafter the other jivamukti poses are the warrior pose, triangle pose as well as the shoulderstand.