I want to tone my body; my hips are bulky compared to the entire body. Please do advice.

(July 6, 2012)

Yoga is one of the most effective forms of exercise for toning the body and losing stubborn fat from areas such as the hips, thighs, buttocks, and stomach. However, like any other form of exercise, keep in mind that exercise is only 30 percent of the battle; the other 70 percent is your diet. Keep in mind that in order to lose weight, you need to expend more calories than you consume.The ideal diet to follow when you are trying to lose weight through yoga is a Sattvic Diet. You can also seek the guidance of a professional dietician.

If you are new to yoga, ask your yoga teacher about specific poses that will help you target the hips. However, do keep in mind that unlike other forms of exercise, the maximum benefits from yoga are derived when all the exercises are performed in the prescribed sequence.

Some of the yoga asanas that will help you to slim down your hips include the Crescent Pose, the sequence of three Warrior Poses, the Wind Relieving Pose, the Willow Pose, the Locust Pose, the Chair Pose, and the Boat Pose. Do ensure that you perform these postures using proper form and breathing techniques ffor maximum benefits.

 

Submitted by A V on July 6, 2012 at 06:48

Yoga PosesFind Pose
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
Copyright © 2017 Mac Millan Interactive Communications, LLC Terms of Use | Sitemap
The material on this web site is provided for educational purposes only, and is not to be used for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment.
See additional information. Use of this site is subject to our terms of service and privacy policy.